Any time we pour a glass of water from the tap, we don’t always stop to think about what harmful, microscopic materials might be swimming around in what we’re about to drink. After all, there are municipal water treatment systems that take care of all of that, aren’t there?
While most industrial water processing equipment does do an impressively good job of cleaning the water we drink, there are still harmful substances that can find its way into our water without our even knowing it.
The Usual Suspects
Here are five of the worst offenders when it comes to drinking water contamination:
- Microorganisms like e. Coli. These tiny living things are impossible to detect with the naked eye, but they’re almost everywhere: bacteria and viruses are a constant threat to our drinking water.
- Nitrates. The science is clear about nitrates, and the consensus is that they’re not good for you to consume. They’re included in many fertilizers, and it’s not always easy to remove them from water.
- Aluminum. You might not expect to find this metal in your drinking water, but the reality is that aluminum is one of the most abundant elemental materials in our soil. Consuming it is something to avoid at all costs.
- Fluoride. For many decades, it was thought that fluoride compounds were actually beneficial to consume in drinking water. More recent evidence suggests otherwise, which means it might be time to start treating your water for fluoride removal.
- Arsenic. Arsenic is a naturally occurring metallic substance that exists in trace amounts throughout our environment. Even though we can’t detect it on any reliable level, we can treat our water to have it removed as much as possible.
With as numerous and as pervasive as these things are, it’s no wonder that so many consumers are looking to us for help with treating the water they drink.
At The LeverEdge, we know what steps to take to help protect you from ingesting these harmful contaminants. To learn more about the water filtration, sterilization, or conditioning solution that is best for you, contact us today.
Share this Post