Are you tired of scrubbing the ring around the bathtub? A water softener can help prevent the ring from forming – or at least slow down the time it takes to form, helping you ward it off before it even appears.
How does a water softener help with tub rings? How do water softeners work? What other benefits do water softeners have? Read on for answers to these questions and more information about water softening systems.
What Causes Tub Rings?
Tub rings are caused by a combination of soap scum and the oils in your bathing products. Soap scum is caused by mineral deposits from hard water. What is hard water?
Almost 90% of homes in the United States have hard water, which is tap water that contains high levels of calcium and magnesium. Your home probably has hard water if:
- Glasses come out of the dishwasher looking spotty
- You’re constantly battling soap scum in your shower
- You feel a film on your hands after washing them
- Reduced water pressure in your home
- You and your family have dry hair and skin
- Mineral stains when clothes come out of the washing machine
How Can a Water Softener Help?
Water softening systems use an ion exchange process to remove excess calcium and magnesium from the water and replace those minerals with salt. Since soap scum – which is caused by hard water – is a big contributing factor to the ring around your tub, a water softener can help reduce or eliminate tub rings.
Other Benefits of a Water Softening System
Water softening systems have numerous benefits, including:
- Clothing lasts longer
- Lower water heating expenses
- Improved skin and hair texture
- Washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, and showerhead may live longer
- Fewer harsh chemicals and less time spent cleaning your bathroom and other places in your home
Add a Drinking Water System, Too
While you’re at it, why not add a drinking water system, as well? Stop hassling with bottled water or expensive faucet filters. You can get clean, delicious water right from a spigot at your kitchen sink.
Contact The LeverEdge to Learn More
Are you ready to add a water softening system to your home? Contact the experts at The LeverEdge today by calling 813-403-5100 or clicking here. We’ll help you choose the water softener or drinking water system that best meets your needs.
Share this Post