When it comes to good health, clean water should be at the top of your list. Like oxygen, water is vital in order to maintain a healthy body. Clean water is vital for drinking, cooking, and cleansing. Unfortunately, even though most of the water that we drink has been treated with chlorine, it still tends to contain harmful chemicals, bacteria, and other unhealthy contaminants. This is why it’s important to consider installing a water filtration system in your home.
Different Types of Systems
There are several different types of filtration systems available to consumers. The three most common are:
- Activated carbon. This is the most common of all water filtration systems and also the least expensive. This type of system is generally installed under a sink. They are easy to maintain because all you have to do is change the filters when needed. This type of system is effective in removing chemicals, heavy metals, and parasites that may be in the water.
- Cation exchange water filter system. This is also known as an ion exchange filter or a softener. This type of system uses positively charged ions to attract negatively charged ions that can be harmful, like calcium and barium. Barium causes a variety of health problems with prolonged exposure to it and can cause damage to internal organs. Calcium and magnesium will damage pipes and make the water taste funny.
- Reverse osmosis. Of all the systems, this one is considered the most effective filtration system for homes. Reverse osmosis will force the water to go through a semi-permeable membrane by using air pressure. Nearly all contaminants are filtered out with this kind of system.
Benefits of Water Filtration
No matter which type of system you might choose for your home, here are the key benefits you’ll receive from filtering your home’s water.
- Safe water all the time. By having a filtration system in your home you’re always going to have healthy drinking water. If the water you get from treatment plants can’t do the job, home filtration systems can.
- Protects the environment. Filtration systems help decrease the use of plastic bottles. This means far less plastic is put in landfills.
- Fewer skin condition problems. Chlorine, fluoride, and heavy metals can all irritate the skin. Skin problems can be reduced or eliminated with a filtration system in the home.
- Reduction of plumbing bills. Unfiltered water can damage pipes and the entire plumbing system. With a filtration system, there will be fewer plumbing repairs–this is a huge money saver.
- Save on soap. Untreated water contains minerals that make it harder for soap to do its job. Filtration systems cut down on the amount of soap needed to clean your body, clothes, and dishes.
- Lower risk of gastrointestinal diseases. Several different parasites can be found in unfiltered water and they can cause a variety of intestinal and digestive issues. With a filtration system, these will be removed.
As you can see, adding a filtration system to your home has many benefits and can be crucial in improving not just your health, but the environment around you. If you are interested in adding a filtration to your home, or you just want to learn more, contact us today.
Share this Post