Is your home’s indoor air quality making you or your family sick? Poor indoor air quality can have both short- and long-term effects on the health of you and your family. What are the causes and effects of poor air quality inside the home, and what can you do about it? Read on to find out!
Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that indoor air quality can be worse than outdoor air quality? In addition to outdoor pollutants invading your home, houses contain plenty of their own problems such as dust mites and pet dander.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), immediate health effects from exposure to indoor air pollutants may include:
- Irritation of the nose, eyes, and throat
These effects are usually temporary and treatable, and they don’t include any diseases that could be circulating around your home.
Long-term effects of poor indoor air quality may include:
- Heart disease
- Respiratory issues
These effects can be severely debilitating or fatal, which is why it’s important to try to improve the indoor air quality in your home, even if nobody has noticeable symptoms.
Causes of Poor Air Quality
Potential sources of poor air quality in your home may include:
- Tobacco products, like cigarette smoke
- Natural gas or propane appliances
- Products for personal care, household cleaning and maintenance, or hobbies
- Excess moisture
- Central heating, cooling, and humidifying devices
- Some building materials and furnishings, including some furniture, flooring, and insulation
- Outdoor sources such as pesticides, radon, and air pollution
Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
Luckily, there are ways to improve your home’s air quality. A HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter is a good place to start, but is it enough?
With a Qualitair Natural Whole-Home Air Purification System, you get an extra layer of protection. Qualitair combines ultraviolet energy and ultraviolet ozone to clean your air, reduce the survival of microbes, and control odors.
Ultraviolet light is used by hospitals to disinfect equipment, so it’s a natural choice to help disinfect your air before it circulates through your home. And with Qualitair, no harmful ozone ever leaves your air ducts and enters your home.
Benefits of the Qualitair Natural Whole-Home Air Purification System include:
- Silent, invisible protection
- Treats your whole home’s air, not just one room
- Energy-efficient – uses less power than a 60 watt light bulb
- Freshens air while heating or cooling
- Puts no ozone in the living area of your home
- Is a great addition to filters and humidifiers
Please note that an air purification system is not a replacement for filters. While it can help deactivate microbes and remove odors, it can’t remove particulates like pet dander, pollen, or dust mites from the air. An air purification system is meant to be added to existing filters as an additional layer of protection and purification.
Learn More Today
To learn more about how a Qualitair air purifying system can help improve your home’s air quality, contact us today. Simply call 813-403-5100 or click here and our experts will help be happy to help. Get cleaner air today with Qualitair!
Share this Post